Results of the 2013-2014 Competition
Combined, all of the active Green Workplace Challenge competitors saved enough energy to power 2,361 average U.S. homes for a year (26,630,000 kWh of energy savings), translating to $2.16 million in cost savings. Factoring the social cost of carbon, which is the estimate of the economic damages associated with increases in carbon dioxide emissions, the range of dollar savings is between $2.21 and $2.41 million. The amount of energy saved equates to more than all of the occupied homes in the Bluff (468 homes), Glen Hazel (270), Polish Hill (778), and Regent Square (543) for a year.
Find out more about the results revealed at the June 25, 2014 Awards Ceremony: Read the offical press release
The 2013-2014 Top Scorers are as follows:
Large Business Category: FedEx Ground – 650 points.
The large business runner up is BNY Mellon – 611 points.
Third place in the large business category is: Highmark – 367 points.
Medium Business Category: DMI Companies – 647 points.
The medium business runner up is: Veolia Water Solutions and Technologies – 171 points.
Third place in the medium business category is IKEA Pittsburgh – 165 points.
Small Business: Pashek Associates – 659 points.
The small business runner up is evolve:EA – 642 points.
Third place in the small business category is Evive Station - 26 points.
Municipality/Local Government: Allegheny County – 265 points.
The municipality/local government runner up is City of Pittsburgh – 244 points.
Third place in the municipality/local government category is Cranberry Township – 158 points.
University Category: University of Pittsburgh – 322 points.
The university runner up is Carnegie Mellon University – 146 points.
Third place in the university category is Duquesne University – 107 points.
Medium Nonprofit Category: ALCOSAN – 1,602 points.
The medium nonprofit runner up is Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh – 140 points.
Third place in the medium nonprofit category is Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium – 61 points.
Small Nonprofit Category: Conservation Consultants, Inc. – 486 points.
The small nonprofit runner up is Green Building Alliance – 327 points.
Third place in the small nonprofit category is Global Links – 76 points.
The top scorer in the Observer category, a non-competitive category, is Oxford Development Company.
Special awards were presented for the Top Energy Saver and Top Water Saver. Sustainable Pittsburgh presented Conservation Consultants, Inc. (CCI) with the Top Energy Saver award. CCI demonstrated a 22 percent reduction in energy. ALCOSAN received the Top Water Saver award, reducing their water usage by 76 percent.
Full List of 2013-2014 Participants:
- A & H Green Solutions
- Artemis Environmental
- be Galleries
- Cardinal Resources LLC
- Circuits, LLC
- CM Services
- Environmental Planning & Design, LLC
- E Squared
- Evive Station
- Kanakadhara Financial
- LM Cleaning Company
- OTB Bicycle Cafe - South Side
- Pashek Associates
- Sweet & Sons Insurance Agency
- The Allegheny Group
- The Efficiency Network (TEN)
- Workscape Inc.
- Berner International Corp.
- DMI Companies
- IKEA Pittsburgh
- Levin Furniture
- PITT OHIO
- The Mall at Robinson
- Veolia Water Solutions and Technologies
- Bayer Corporation
- BNY Mellon
- Direct Energy
- FedEx Ground
- Michael Baker Jr., Inc.
- The PNC Financial Services Group
- Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania - Beechwood
- Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania-Succop Conservancy
- Clayfisher Studio
- Colcom Foundation
- Conservation Consultants, Incorporated
- Coro Center for Civic Leadership
- Global Links
- Grantmakers of Western PA
- Green Building Alliance
- Group Against Smog and Pollution
- Homewood Children's Village
- Lawrenceville Corporation
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association
- Nine Mile Run Watershed Association
- Oakland Business Improvement District
- Oakland Transportation Management Association
- PA Housing Finance Agency - Pittsburgh Office
- Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse
- Pittsburgh Green Innovators
- Pittsburgh Hispanic Development Corporation
- Sports & Exhibition Authority
- The Heinz Endowments
- Venture Outdoors
- ACTION Housing Inc.
- Allegheny County Sanitary Authority
- Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- East End Food Co-op
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Peoples Oakland
- Pittsburgh Opera
- Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- Victim Outreach Intervention Center
- Westmoreland County Airport Authority
- YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Chatham University
- Community College of Allegheny County
- University of Pittsburgh
- Duquesne University SMBA Program
- Allegheny County
- Borough of Millvale
- Borough of Monaca
- Brentwood Borough
- City of Latrobe
- City of Pittsburgh
- Cranberry Township
- Homestead Borough
- Ross Township
- Shaler Township
- Township of Indiana
- Township of Upper St. Clair
- Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
- Allegheny CleanWays
- DECO Resources
- Del Monte Foods
- Environmental Charter School at Frick Park
- GAI Consultants, Inc.
- La Roche College ESL Program
- Local Government Academy
- Mullin & Lonergan Associates
- Oxford Development Company
- School District of Pittsburgh
- Spectrum Charter School, Inc.
- Sustainable Pittsburgh